Thursday, November 13, 2014

Free English Level Test

Here is my tip for a level test. Many students have the wish for me to give them a level test in the start-up of our training. Since I'm not a teacher in a language school, I don't have standardized tests that I use. I prefer to observe and take notes over the 2-3 first classes, to then form an opinion of on which level the student is, and hence where we should start with the material. But there is a free level test  that I have used, and that I like, 'Free English Level Test'.

About the test:  In my opinion people tend to score a level higher than what I consider as their actual level. This because the test is short, and it is not possible to check the overall language level. But even though I recommend it to get an overall impression. Note that if you are a beginner, this test is not meant for you, you have to have some prior knowledge to English to be able to do the exercises. There are two parts, a grammar part and a listening part. The spoken English is British English, so those of you only used to American accent might find this difficult.

Free English Level Test

No comments:

Post a Comment